Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Happiest Day of My Life


I can't believe it's been three years! On New Year's Eve of 2005, I had the honor and priviledge of becoming the wife of Nate Tolle. All of my single days I anxiously anticipated meeting "the one" for me. I prayed every night that God would bring him to me soon. And then I met this cool new guy at church named Nate. I knew from the moment we had our first coversation that this was the guy that I wanted for me. And I prayed he was the one that God wanted for me too. We pretty much met and married in nine months, which seemed fast to many, but we were convinced that "when you know, you know, so why wait?"


I always dreamed that marriage would be great, but friends, I never knew it could be THIS great. Yes, marriage takes work and can be hard, but the rewards of having a life mate who loves you in spite of all your sinfulness and ugliness, the beauty of two people becoming one unit, the safety of knowing we can count on each other for anything, and the joy of living life together with a common purpose and mission is truly a beautiful and miraculous thing.


Nate and I have gone through a lot in three years of marriage. Sick family members, a teenage foster child, numerous deployments, a miscarriage, and a move just barely scratch the surface of trials we've faced. But every single one has brought us closer together. We've shared numerous joys together as well. Three children in three and a half years to name the biggest ones.


I could write and write and write on this topic as it is one close to my heart and I feel very passionately about, but here is my main point. Life together with Nate really is a wonderful life. He's my best friend, my rock, my confidante, and true soul mate.


Happy third anniversary Nate! I love you!!


5 comments:

Loren Eaton said...

Hey, I can see me in the back of the second one! Happy anniversary, guys. Many congratulations.

Annie Pennington said...

Happy anniversary!!! Congratulations to you both and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was one of those who thought maybe things were moving too fast for you two. It is wonderful for me that you're so happy. Thank you, Natie, for being such a good hubby and son-in-law. You were especially helpful during the time I was sick two New Years ago. I hope you're doing something really special today.

love,
mamasita

Erin said...

Congratulations, pretty girl! What a fun night that was! :-)

Rachel said...

Happy anniversary! You looked gorgeous and I'm sure you do today too with your preggo "glow." Didn't we all glow when we were pregnant? That's what our husbands told us anyway. Maybe they didn't want to sleep outside.